Transport and Logistics Officer (X1)
The Transport and Logistics Officer will be responsible for planning and managing the logistics/transport and supply function for the company. They will also develop and implement suitable supply strategies and offer support to dispatch officers in monitoring truck movements to ensure minimum turn around as well as timely reporting at loading points.
- Managing distributors, service providers and sub-contractors
- Plan, manage and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement
- Monitor performance of suppliers
- Fleet and fuel management
- Supervise drivers
- Ensure all trucks presented to dispatchers have a live status before loading and throughout the trip after loading.
- Ensure consistent utilization of the tracking system and proper interpretation of reports and results.
- Oversee incident/ accident investigations and to be an integral player in the crisis management committee.
- Take part in all driver/transporter toolbox meetings to share meaning lessons on expectations as regards trip management requirements.
- Overall management of purchasing activities to ensure continuous supply and timely purchase of all materials
Conducts managerial functions on Custom Clearance and Forwarding Services by:-
- Develops and implements negotiations strategies for high Value orders and long term contracts to secure the best total costs, delivery, payment and performance terms
- Road safety compliance
- Insurance administration & accident management
- Establish metrics to assess factors such as quality, cost and delivery performance.
- Collaborate with members of the supply chain to find ways of improving efficiency or reducing costs.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good driving skills
- Ability to think logically and analytically
- Flexible and ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Hands on Supply and Logistics Management experience.
- Ability to lead team effectively
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in CIPS/CILT
- Degree in Engineering / IT will be a plus
- 2- 4 years’ work experience in Logistics/ Fleet Management
- Working experience in the petroleum or manufacturing sector will be a must
- Must be a member of CIPS/CILT/ZIPS