Systems Support Specialist
Are you customer focused with experience supporting large complex technology environments. Mine Sky Zambia is looking for a new team member to join our Copperbelt office in Kitwe.
Mine Sky Zambia are in the business of providing Project Services and Software Systems for the mining industry and our business is looking for a new team member passionate about technology with an eye for detail.
In this role your daily activities will include:
- Troubleshooting problems by telephone, remote tools, onsite visits and using our customer service desk applications.
- Working from our local offices in a small team, alongside our systems engineers, field technicians, project engineers and developers.
- Working closely with the field operations team to maintain services in accordance to Service Level Targets.
- Ensuring effective client communications, understanding and documenting client issues
- Advising our Team and management of emerging issues
- Collaborate in the business and provide support through formal and informal knowledge & experience sharing.
- Maintaining and improving the availability of internal and client systems
- Maintaining and improving the time taken to resolve systems incidents
- Analyzing root cause of incidents, recommending and permanent solutions.
- End-user administration, account management and device configuration.
Required Technical Experience and Desired Knowledge:
- Experienced working in large environments (250+ endpoints, multiple sites, 20+ Servers)
- 5 years+ experience in a systems administrator/engineer role (Microsoft Server/Linux/MS SQL/Networking)
- 2-3 years of experience from a Managed Services background
- Experience working with remote teams and providing remote support internationally where required
- (Advantage) Industry certification in any Microsoft MCP/MCSE, Cisco CCNA, Linux+, Redhat RHCE
- (Advantage) Hands on Experience with: VMware ESX, Linux Debian, MS SQL server, MS IIS, MS PowerBI, MS Server
- Intermediate understanding of Infrastructure technologies including; Networking, Storage, VoIP, CCTV, Wireless
- (Advantage) Atalassian JIRA/Confluence experience
- (Advantage) Monitoring Tools (Solarwinds/Manageengine/Zabbix/PRTG etc)
- Willingness to relocate to Mufulira or Chingola, Copperbelt
- Have outstanding communication skills, telephone manner and written English
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work well under pressure
- Excellent team working skills are essential
- Ability to document processes and procedures in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Responsible and Accountable for work
- Good problem solving and analytical skills with knowledge of problem analysis
- Driving License