This is a supervisory role which requires high level of integrity and discipline
A good remuneration package will be offered to a deserving candidate
- Keeps track of information in order to keep businesses and supply chains on schedule.
- Ensure proper scheduling, record keeping, and inventory control.
- Weigh, measure, check, sample, and keep accurate records on materials, supplies, and other equipment that enters the storerooms.
- Verify the quantity & quality of items assigned, checking for defects & recording what they find.
- Gather information, use scales, counting devices, and calculators etc.
- Inspect and or recommend what to do about a defective product, such as to scrap it or send it back to be repaired.
- Prepare reports on warehouse inventory levels on daily, monthly and quarterly
- Expediting the flow of information, work, and materials within or among the business
- Keep track of materials, and write special orders for new materials.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are shipped on time.
- Keep track of and record all outgoing and incoming shipments and ensure that they have been filled correctly.
- Ensure that orders were correctly processed in their company’s computer system.
- Move goods from the warehouses to the loading dock.
- Keep a record of all items that enter or leave the stockroom and inspect for damaged goods.
- Any other job as may be assigned buy the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be a Grade 12
- Formal qualification in supply chain management or accounting
- Hands-on Computer Literate in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of any stores management system is an added advantage
- Able to supervise others