Nkana Water and Sewerage Company is a Commercial Water Utility Company providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. The Company is in the process of implementing Phase 2 of the Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Project (NWSSP 2). The overall aim of the Project is to improve public health and living standards through improved access to adequate and cost efficient water supply and sanitation services.
Therefore, NWSC is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in the Directorate of Infrastructure Development.
1. SITE AGENT (X1)
DURATION: SIX (06) MONTHS
To ensure smooth coordination of construction works of VIP toilets in order to promote access to proper sanitation services in an assigned community under the NWSSP phase II project
- To supervise works on project site.
- To generate and submit reports on the progress of works at project site.
- To ensure that contracted Community Based Enterprises adhere to given specifications on quality of construction works.
- To receive construction materials and distribute according to specified list.
- To work in conjunction with Community Mobilisers in ensuring proper verification of material requirements for the construction of toilets at households.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least six (6) credits
- Certificate/Diploma in construction or Civil Engineering
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
Additional Attributes Required for the Job
- Ability to interpret designs/ drawings
- Willing to work odd hours and over weekends
- Conversant with local language- preferably Bemba
- Worked in construction before