SENIOR MANAGER: INFRASTRUCTURE AND SERVICES MANAGEMENT
- Develop and manage all system operations for the Information Systems Group (IS) and ensure that adequate capacity, system availability and excellent user support is provided.
- Contribute to strategy development through the development of frameworks to drive change required for business sustainability.
- Effective implementation of MTN and IT/IS technology strategy in achieving organizational goals and building a future proof IT infrastructure operation.
- Manage the execution and implementation of strategy through working with and cross functions, multiple processes, discipline technologies, products, teams and customers.
- Consistent drive towards full automation and digitalization of IT infrastructure.
- To manage and ensure availability of all MTN Zambia Information System infrastructure environment.
- To consistently improve IT infrastructure, develop and maintaining policies, processes and procedures, ensuring projects are completed within budget guidelines and maintaining best practices for an organization’s infrastructure.
- To develop an effective and workable framework for delivering an integrated information systems infrastructure and services.
- Develop frameworks, performance scorecards and other processes that will be used in effective management of outsourced services and ensure service levels and standards are met and sustained.
- Deliver and execute constant improvement plans and technology roadmap in relation to operational excellence.
- Provide input to Business plan to support future computing requirements including modernization and/or upgrade of existing data Centre and End User Computing facilities.
- Manage the entire end user computing environment in relation to MTN End User computing and rollout while ensuring vendors deliver based on business requirements.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Review MTN corporate direction and develop Information Services strategy ensuring alignment with MTN corporate strategic objectives and develop plans to support business initiatives and enhance IS support capacity.
- Monitor changes in regulations and technology that may affect revenue assurance functions in MTN and ensure revenue leakage is minimized.
- First degree in Computer Science or Engineering equivalent degree.
- Master Degree in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Certification in at least two of the following; Oracle, Solaris, Windows and ITIL processes.
- Strong enterprise IT Infrastructure management skills required this covers, UNIX, Linux, Databases this include but not limited to Oracle, mysql, MS-SQL, Mongo DB, Hadoop, Postgres.
- Conversant in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, procedures, and roles required.
- Data Centre Management leadership role desired.
- At least 5 years in a large telecommunication environment 3 years of which must have been at management level.
- Min 7 years managing teams of UNIX, storage and data Centre Environment.
- 6 years’ experience working in a large scale outsource providers.
- 3 years of hosting Technologies and Services including outsourcing.
- Good communicator and ability to deal with difficult users
- An in-depth understanding of enterprise server and network systems.
- 2 years of Netapp, EMC, Huawei and Hitachi SAN Storage and other storages.
- 5 years of Solaris, Linux and TCP/IP Networks and multiple database environment especially Oracle
- 2 years in SDD and NFV environment.
- 5 years of PC and end user device support.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, able to effectively prioritize workload without supervision.