SENIOR MANAGER: BRAND & SEGMENTS
Job Title: Senior Manager: Brand & Segments
- To build and position MTN as a leading brand in the market in the category of telecommunications, enhancing the brand image and corporate reputation of the company internally and externally.
- To deliver all approved communication initiatives across MTN Zambia and guarantee consistency of communications efforts.
- Develop programmes targeting Mass and Youth segments
- Segment-specific marketing and sales enablement to ensure optimal engagement of customers in growing the portfolio of products.
- Ensure that programs focus on customer value within industry
- Own, grow and manage the brand and clearly define and communicate MTN Brand promise and Customer promise
- Set brand and communication guidelines
- Translate communication concepts into a customer experience approach and service commitment
- Investigate introduction of brand icon/characters in association with MTN Brand and liaise with Customer Relations and Sales to ensure consistency between brand promise and experience delivered
- Drive the built philosophy as communication / campaign platform for MTN Zambia
- Design and manage the execution of Advertising, marketing and promotions (AMP) strategy with the focus on enhancing MTN’s visibility
- Manage and deliver consumer and business segments communications projects, as well as retail driven communication projects, to guarantee optimal translation of requirements, consistency and alignment
- Consolidate overall communications plans, in accordance with the needs of functional areas (brand, segment mgr, product mgrs., channel mgrs.) and ensure consistency of all communication initiatives
- Ability to seek out and identify opportunities to provide solutions to customer’s current or future needs; Displays entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to explore new ideas and the unknown and visualize what is possible.
- Ability to identify and analyse what is important and to interpret and synthesize issues and date in order to draw conclusions; ability to understand interdependencies and cause and effect relationships.
- Knowledgeable about all functional elements which are important for driving revenue and profitability ; especially managing cost and budgeting
- Any Marketing-related degree
- A minimum of 5 years Marketing experience and at least 2 years in a Senior Marketing role at category level
- 2-3 years Telecomms industry experience or FMCG experience
- Experience in communications and Brand Management