Secretary – Lusaka
The Zambia Institute of Mass Communication (ZAMCOM) was established under the ZAMCOM Act of Parliament of 1996 to provide Communications and Media training and production services to government, non-government, private sector and individual clients within Zambia and the Southern African region. ZAMCOM has been undergoing a corporate renewal since 2012 and is currently implementing a turnaround strategy aimed at positioning the Institute to become a financially self-sustaining entity.
ZAMCOM is currently looking for a suitably qualified and experience candidate to take up the positions of:
- Reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED), the Secretary provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The primary role of the Secretary serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director.
- She will be primary responsible for providing logistical support and office coordination to the organization, ensuring the installation of appropriate systems and tools for the team’s success. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the Executive Director
Main Job Objective
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the ED including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- Completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the ED, with Board members, donors, ZAMCOM staff, and others, on matters related to ED’s programmatic initiatives.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the ED’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
Qualifications / Experience:
- School Certificate or GCE
- Competent in computer — MS word, excel, power point
- Certificate in secretarial studies will be an added advantage
- One (01) year and above working experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Person Specification
- Excellent personal and communication skills with ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- The ideal individual should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Secretary must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities, must have the ability to meet deadlines and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.