Registered Midwives (x1)
Location: Trident Town Clinic (Kalumbila)
- Provide holistic reproductive health care service to clients in order to reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
- To assist women in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery
- Provide full antenatal care including all necessary screening tests.
- Conduct deliveries and provide care for the newly born infant
- To be fully up-to-date with national guidelines and protocols including EMTCT
- Manage complications in pregnancy and child care in accordance with the principles of basic obstetric care.
- Work closely with obstetricians and gynaecologists in diagnosing and treating women with acute and chronic illnesses.
- To uphold health promotion and education for women, their babies and their wider family circle, providing antenatal education and preparation for parenthood; this also extends to areas of gynaecology, family planning and childcare.
- To provide health counselling and education, not only for women but also within the family and the community.
- Report writing
Qualifications and desired attributes:
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or its equivalent
- Minimum Certification as Registered Midwife
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience
- Registered with General Nursing Council and with valid Practicing License.
- Excellent team working skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills