GRS is in the process of recruiting for the role of Project Manager, the focus of the role is the overall responsibility for the implementation and delivery of the NIH SKILLZ project in Lusaka Zambia. It involves coordinating a team of field staff and Volunteers who implement project activities at various school sites throughout Lusaka, responsibilities for the role will include but not limited to:-
Project Implementation Coordination
- Manage program coordinators and community volunters to ensure all program activities are operating smoothly.
- Work with the Study Coordinator from CIDRZ to ensure smooth coordination and facilitate troubleshooting
- Provide guidance in decision making concerning daily planning and realisation of activities in accordance with approved project schedules and budgets.
- Mentor and manage direct reports. Develop and implement performance plans for all project staff under his/her supervision.
- Prepare annual project budget with finance team.
- Manage project budget throughout the year.
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly program data and staff timesheets.
- Ensure compliance of activities with project policies and donor contracts.
- Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant project stakeholders, including CIDRZ, MOGE, MOH and other stakeholders
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Strategic development and project planning
- Working with all departments team to develop a strategic framework and implementation plan for study activities.
- Developing systems and tools for management and tracking of project volunteers and staff.
- Developing systems for tracking program effectiveness and efficiency (BvAs, target trackers, work plans, etc.)
Supervision & Management
- Manage staff and community volunteers who are responsible for overseeing program delivery either at site level or within a department.
- Responsible for working with Site Coordinators and Administration department to develop and rollout policies for volunteer coaches.
- Management of project volunteers to ensure that programs are delivered as planned and staff are held accountable to measurable objectives and targets.
- Develop annual project budget, targets, and budget tracking systems with management site-specific budget allocations.
- Authorise and oversee all expenses related to project at site level
- Investigate and work with the Research and Curriculum team to tweak intervention types to better align with the project deliverables.
- Manage programmatic learning processes to ensure ongoing evaluation of program delivery, identification of promising practices and integration of those practices into future programming;
- Manage the development and implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation systems in consultation with Zambia and global M&E team staff and project partners.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
The officer may be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description in mutual discussion and agreement with the supervisor.
- At least 5 years of proven project management experience advantage in a non-governmental organization working with young people
- Knowledge of international political issues
- Working experience in cross cultural settings
- Understanding of financial and operational management issues
- Direct experience of budgeting, fiscal control and financial planning
- Understanding and experience in research will be an added advantage
- Degree in Social Sciences (Public Health, Social Work, Development Studies or any other related field from a recognised institution)
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Fluency in spoken Nyanja will be an added advantage.
Ideal candidate should demonstrate the following traits:
Successful leaders at Grassroot Soccer are bold, yet humble. They are passionate about the mission of Grassroot Soccer and understand their role on the Grassroot Soccer team to achieve its mission.
Day to day, they are….
Proactive: can anticipate both opportunities and obstacles and take action
Professional: level-headed; ability to de-escalate difficult situations, behave exceptionally, and manage/minimize distractions
Problem Solvers: comfortable with ambiguity, can creatively unlock bottlenecks and turn problems into opportunities
…they demonstrate lots of…
Common Sense: prioritizing the right things at the right time; making good, quick, informed decisions balancing multiple issues and points of view
Self-awareness: know where one’s blind spots are, recognize differences, and build a team to complement one’s skills and weaknesses
…and a strong bias for…
Follow-through and outcomes: deliver results, not just create lots of activity
Treating people well: empathetic, kind, great listener, yet can make tough decisions and hold oneself/others accountable
How to ApplyInterested applicants are advised to send their application letter, CV and copies of qualifications to [email protected]
- Posted by: Zambia Jobs Team
- Company: Grassroot Soccer Zambia Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is an adolescent health organization that
- Location: Anywhere
- City: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Job Opportunity
- Tags: No Tags
189 total views, 1 today