PATH is currently recruiting for a full-time Project Assistant to support activities at the molecular biology laboratory at the National Malaria Elimination Centre (NMEC). The work will focus on determining the serological and genetic population structure of samples collected from around Zambia. The project aims to generate molecular evidence to guide / inform malaria intervention and control measures in Zambia. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the lab manager and will oversee a range of administrative roles including supply chain, storage and sample co-ordination.
- Sample processing.
- Scanning received sample barcodes
- Punching samples into appropriately labelled tubes / plates
- Accurately recording work performed into the appropriate electronic template
- Receive shipments, including coordinating customs clearance.
- Prepare, place and oversee orders for locally sourced items.
- Maintain inventory of commodities.
- Produce accurate and detailed records of all work.
- Monitor storage temperatures of samples.
- Support other activities at NMEC, including field visits, as assigned.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Business Management or similar appropriate field.
- Minimum Two (02) years’ experience in a research /diagnostic laboratory.
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
- PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.