Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well – being and standard of living. With Country Programs in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years ‘experience working with communities in conflict and post –conflict situation
- Oversee and directly support the implementation of the UNHCR and WFP funded Refugee programs in Nchelenge, focused on warehousing, logistics and food distribution. Ensure high quality, timely technical progress and financial reporting, reflecting donor requirements and UN standards, through the close collaboration with the field staff directly responsible for project implementation.
- Take a leading role in resource mobilization for humanitarian efforts, developing and writing project proposals, donor reports, assessment reports and programmatic updates on AAH-supported programs in Zambia
- Support field team, especially the M&E staff in maintaining a high quality M&E system for the refugee projects.
- Ensure high quality programming and accurate financial and programmatic reporting donors.
- Participate fully in the response to emergencies in Zambia.
- Under the guidance of the Country Manager, develop and maintain close working relationship with the partners (project implementation level) management, especially the Program and Head of Finance .
- Work closely with the AAH Finance team-Partner Support officer in budget management and financial reporting.
- Maintain relationships with key AAHZ colleagues at the National level and AAHI, donor representatives
- Under the guidance of Country Manager, represent AAH in national Government and INGO coordination meetings/clusters, especially related to emergency response and emergency capacity building
- Maintain close communication with the Country Manager for all aspects of project management Agency-wide Competencies (for all AAH Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of AAH and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Head of Program Competencies
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of AAH and used by each program manager to fulfil his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Sets clear goals and work toward them
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Manage financial resources with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning
- AAH Country Manager;
- AAH Finance Team and line managers
- AHI Regional staff and colleagues in other country programs;
- AAHI Regional Representative and Public Resource Specialist
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A Degree in International Development or a related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years in program manager role and three years’ experience in humanitarian relief and development.
- Experience in Grant Management and quality programming.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Basic financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently and extensively within Zambia, and live in harsh conditions as well as occasionally in the region.
Experience with cash disbursements in refugee settings highly desirable