Funzeleo, a US-based NGO, is hiring a Program Associate to be located in Ndola to support program growth and sustainability.
With the mission to inspire and prepare African youth for high-demand science careers and other math-based professions, Funzeleo is committed to equipping students and educators with practical skills for academic performance and entry into the job market and ultimately improvement in the quality of life.
Here is the profile of the Program Associate we are seeking:
- Resourceful entrepreneur and self-starter
- Collaborative and team player to get the work done with and through others
- Proactive and self-motivated; has the capacity to take initiatives and carry through plans
- Ability to work independently, honestly and with high integrity; requires minimal supervision
- Has desire to grow professionally while making a difference in the lives of others
- Can communicate effectively using different media to reach diverse audiences in business, education, and government
- Demonstrate experience in fundraising and stewarding donors and sponsors
Role of Program Associate
- Build partnership with the education and business communities
- Cultivate human and financial resources to expand and sustain the Funzeleo mission in the country
- Work with the Programme Coordinator to provide operational and logistical support
- Implement program and other initiatives in schools and the community
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on program implementation and impact
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and appropriate national languages
- Prior experience in education and NGO work is a plus.
- College diploma in a relevant field
- Experience of implementing programmes and raising money
- Teachers, entrepreneurs, and fundraising professionals are encouraged to apply
Term: 9 – 12 month appointment that can be renewed contingent upon performance.
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits