The Zambia Metrology Agency (ZMA) formerly known as Zambia Weights and Measures Agency, is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry established by the Metrology Act No.6 of 2017. Its principle responsibilities in summary are firstly, consumer protection in relation to pre-packaged commodities, secondly the approval for use of all types of weighing and measuring instruments used in trade, enforcement for fairness and finally, the periodic verification of the accuracy of these instruments at prescribed intervals. Its overarching mandate is to oversee the service provision of Scientific, Industrial and Legal Metrology in Zambia in accordance with the Metrology Act.
The Agency hereby invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to be considered for the following vacant position:
- Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Mathematics, Production Management or any other Engineering field or its equivalent;
- Be of mature disposition with at least two (2) years work experience
- Financial literacy and proficient in MS Office especially in MS excel data manipulation;
- A post graduate business or professional financial qualification will be a distinct advantage
- Be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia or another recognised international science professional body;