MEL Specialist, Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services, (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com) headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a MEL Specialist position on an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded environment and natural resources project in Zambia.
The purpose of the project is to reduce deforestation and forest degradation attributed to charcoal production and consumption in selected province(s) in Zambia.
Tetra Tech will support the Zambian government to fulfill its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and meet REDD+ goals by promoting alternatives to charcoal as fuel and energy sources and will contribute to biodiversity conservation and sustainable forest management in Zambia.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist manages all MEL activities of the project. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist ensures the quality, integrity and security of project-generated data. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist leads formulation, implementation and updates of the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan in collaboration with project leadership and the client. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for ensuring successful Data Quality Assessment(s), evaluations, other audits and is responsible for the timeliness of all project deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party and technical team members on annual planning, definition of outputs, outcomes and results and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports;
- Ensure compliance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (MELP) and rigorous review and update of the MELP each year;
- Ensure data quality, rigor and relevance for all approved indicators and preparation/validation of detailed indicator reference sheets
- Support formulation and implementation of project-level learning and adaptation efforts
- Support creative and high-quality project communications
- Support staff, partners and grantees in collecting, reporting, and verifying that data and indicators meet Tetra Tech and MCC quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree highly preferred;
- At least five years of leadership of monitoring and evaluation tasks and teams;
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to senior management through holistic analysis;
- Experience with organizational development, performance management strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative and impactful data displays preferred;
- Proficiency in English is required;
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/MELZambia
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.