Junior Software Engineer
Requisition Number: 505618
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Gather requirements from project owners and define the scope.
- Design, develop and deploy solutions.
- End to End testing of the developed solution.
- Create all the required documentation on code, system and process and keep it updated.
- Generate automated reports using available tools.
- Design and develop isolated .NET forms and workflows.
- Extract meaningful data and statistical reports from large data sets.
- Project management of new solutions and handover on maturity of project.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, problem solving abilities.
- Manage projects and ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Experience with ASP.Net, C# and MS SQL
- Experience with Power BI, SSRS an added advantage
Experience & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years’ development experience
- Diploma in Computer Science/Software Engineering with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering with at least 1 year experience
- Performance and Results Orientated.
- Team player.
- Effective Communication abilities.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.