This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
15 May 2018
- Job Title : IS Executive
- Job purpose: Responsible for design, installation & maintain of IS infrastructure to ensure stable & smooth operation of Organisation’s functions.
- Reporting To : Head IS
- Reported By: None
- Key Responsibilities :
- Maintain the server’s to keep the server uptime as 100 %
- Receive, priorities & respond to incoming work orders, calls &/or emails regarding equipment &/or connectivity problems.
- Accurately document instances of software, hardware issues failure, repair, installation and removal or other work requests.
- Ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs etc.
- Ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus, VPN and intrusion detection system.
- Monitor network performance & troubleshoot problem areas as needed to identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephone equipment, fax machines and other network appliances.
- Perform server & security audits and system backups and recovery.
- Maintain the daily backups of the applications.
- Implement, monitor and manage CCTV and Bio matric system as per HO guidelines.
- Complete the SAP sales posting of Lusaka in primary and all other locations as secondary.
- Manage the entire Zambia operations in terms of all IT activities.
- Follow the instructions from HO and maintain the IT compliances as per guidelines for Zambia
- KPIs :
- Server / POS / Network uptime
- Security Validations
- Backup Maintenance
- Satisfied End users
- Sales postings of entire Zambia country on time.
- Competencies :
- Excellent knowledge in server administration and backup processes/ technologies.
- Hands on experience in Network Performance Tuning, LAN, Network Design and Implementation.
- Knowledge in database maintenance.
- Strong project management, strong focus on quality and time management skills.
- Knowledge of POS and retail operation will be an added advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Ability to do multi-task, prioritize work and meet tight schedules
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills.
- Follow ethical behaviour
- Good team player
- Time management