Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
Investigation Officers ( x1)
Core purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to carry out investigations to recover or misallocated company property
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Identify loopholes on the system, ensure recovery of stolen or misallocated company property through active investigations and prosecutions of offenders.
- Cultivate sound working relations and communications with other security organizations such as Zambia Police and private security firms in order to combat crime.
- Provide profession advice to management on investigations and ensure compliance to established statutory laws and regulations
- Equip subordinates with investigatory skills and knowledge.
- Analyse and maintain classified information related to pending investigative cases in a well-defined database system with back systems
- Ensure accurate maintenance of records for purposes of active and proactive investigations.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade twelve with five O level which must include English
- Relevant tertiary academic qualification will be an added advantage.
- Zambia Police /Mine Police Training.
- Must not be over 50 years old.
- Must show appreciation of the Zambia Laws.
- Computer literate
- Must possess a valid driver’s