ZAMBIA ELECTRONIC CLEARING HOUSE LTD
Reporting to the Risk, Audit and Compliance Manager, the job holder will provide an independent, objective and professional internal auditing service to ensure that the key risks in the company are identified, mitigating actions agreed with Management Committee and the Board of Directors are taken to maintain and improve governance, risk and control frameworks in the company.
- Conduct audits or lead audit teams in performance of IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes.
- Prepare and report results to executives and Audit Committees.
- Provide Business and IT management with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on application and infrastructure security.
- Conduct IT RiskAssessments including identifying areas where business units should consider additional investment and areas internal audit should focus.
- Perform pre- and post- implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- Perform IT security audits (e.g. networks, operating systems and data center), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated.
- Coordinate the scope and performance of these reviews with business units and external security experts.
- Evaluate information on general computing controls and provide value added feedback. Test compliance with those controls and coordinate activities with teams as applicable.
- Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyze data for risk assessments and to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ultimately be a source for analytics that business units adopt to provide business insights for continuous auditing.
- Full Grade 1 2 School Certificate or GCE equivalent
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Computer Science or equivalent
- Professional qualifications: Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ClMA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Accountant Zambia (ZICA)
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience
- Certification in IT Audit such as CISA a must.
- Must be a fully paid up member to professional bodies.
- Prior experience in IT Governance / IT Audit is a requirement
- Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking, and UNIX (preferred).
- Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Related Competences
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good knowledge of payment systems.
- Expert knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management, and finance and accounting practices and methods.
- Comprehensive understanding of internal control environments within the IT function.
- Experience with multiple technology domains including aspects of Windows, Unix and/or database administration, software development and networking.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Proactive, hands-on, results-driven orientation required.
- Ability to blend exceptional attention to detail with an ability to retain strategic direction within a rapidly evolving entrepreneurial business culture.
- Ability to produce high quality work products for both the IT groups and Senior Management.
Only candidates who meet the above job specifications should apply by attaching application letter, detailed CVs and scanned photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of their applications. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Applications should reach admin_zechl.co.zm before close of business on Friday, 27th May 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.