Human Resource Manager
Indeni Petroleum Refinery Company Limited is a Company incorporated under the Companies Act Chapter 388 situated in Ndola, Zambia. INDEM is owned by the Industrial Development Comoration (Zambia) Limited and is the country’s sole refinery of crude oil into finished products.
Indeni Petroleum Refinery Company Limited seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experiencedperson on fixed term contract to fill the following vacant position:
Human Resource Manager
The position reports to the Managing Director
To facilitate organisational performance and competitiveness by sourcing, developing and retaining quality human resources through world-class Human Resource policies, processes, procedures and initiatives
- Develops the strategy for the Human Resource function in the Company in line with Company strategy and global best practice in order to ensure that the organization is viable both internally and extemally.
- Participates in the business planning process as a member of EXCO
- Aligns the Human Resource direction with organisational and functional strategies and direction through
- long-term Human Resource plans in order to ensure that the workforce is well positioned to meet the current and future demands ofthe organizational goals
- Prepares annual Human Resource business plan and budget and ensures the effective execution thereof in order to ensure the business objectives are achieved
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, integrated and effective Human Resource management framework that will foster a high performance culture.
- Provide an advisory and consultative service to management on all aspects of Human Resources in order to foster best human resource practice and adherence to labour laws.
- Ensures optimum utilisation of Human Resource Information Systems for effective and efficient administration and reporting.
- Implements Human Performance Improvement initiatives in order to drive a continuous improvement philosophy
- Negotiate with the Union as management team leader or Chairman during collective bargaining.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or Business Administration
- Post graduate Degree preferably in Human Resources or Industrial Psychology
- 7-9 years ofexperience in Human Resources with at least 3 years managerial experience
- Excellent working knowledge of a wide range of Labour Laws, Employment Act and Industrial Relations Act
- Full Member or Fellow ofthe Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM).
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Must have excellent computer skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in negotiating Collective Agreements with unions will be an added advantage.
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies.