JOB TITLE: Housekeeping Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Lodge Manager
Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Also coordinating daily housekeeping operations and maintaining the housekeeping operating standards.
You are also responsible for supervising room attendants to deliver an excellent Guest satisfaction and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for smooth operation of the housekeeping department.
- Supervise Room Attendants
- Closely work with Front Office to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Organises and facilitates the room making process.
- Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors and public areas.
- Checks the occupied and departure rooms, giving special attention to guest needs.
- Ensures that the entire operation is performed as per the laid down standards.
- To supervise guest laundry needs.
- Manage guest requests, including VIP amenities and communicating them to the relevant team members
- Routine inspection of guest bedrooms to ensure they meet standards.
- Aware of all room categories and amenities.
- Achieve positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Carry out lost and found procedures.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department.
- Assist Lodge Manager with training requirements.
- Represent the needs of the team to others in the hotel.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times. Keen eye for detail, Good communicative English skills, reading, writing and speaking. Basic computer operating skills.
Diploma or degree in hotel Management.
Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience in a supervisory capacity.