Zambian Home Loans Limited (ZHL) is a financial institution licensed and regulated by the Bank of Zambia under the Banking and Financial Services Act as a non-bank financial business. ZHL’s sole business is mortgage finance enabling Zambian to build, complete or renovate houses.
ZHL is a client focused business and is looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and energetic individual for the position of Finance Assistant.
Position Summary and responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will report to the Head of Finance and Administration. The selected individual’s responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintenance of cash books and ensuring that entries have been correctly posted to appropriate ledger accounts;
- Ensuring the completeness of receipts and payments;
- Timely filling of all documents ;
- Ensuring that all Company Transactions have been correctly posted into the General Ledger on a monthly basis;
- Assist with the preparation of accurate monthly Management Accounts and appropriate balance sheet schedules;
- Assist with preparation of Year end Accounts and year-end audit schedules;
- Assist with submissions of month end reports to Parent Company;
- Assist with the preparation and filing of statutory returns and reports (NAPSA, PAYE, BOZ, PACRA);
- Providing information to both Internal and External Auditors and regulators as may be required; and
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Finance and Administration
- Must be registered and a fully paid up member of ZICA Experience in a financial institution is an added advantage
- Applicants must possess Level 2 ZICA /1 or 2 ACCA or equivalent
- Should have at least two (2) years working experience in Financial accounting environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Should be conversant with excel, word and power point.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting packages (Pastel).
- Should be able to meet deadlines, be flexible and use initiative.
- Team player and high degree of honesty and integrity
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills