FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING INTERN
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Intern
Job Location: Lusaka
Reports to: National Accountant
Works closely with: National Accountant
Duration: 6 months
Responsible for: Support to Finance Department
HfHZ is seeking an intern for a designated period of 6 months. The intern will work closely with the National Accountant and Finance Manager to assist with day-to-day business operations through the responsibilities listed below. The appropriate candidate will be responsible, problem solver who is innovative and eager to learn. This will be paid internship.
Key areas of responsibility
Financial Management and reporting
- Maintain all accounting files in an orderly and systematic manner
Follow up on incomplete files
- Support in proper recording of accounting information for transactional processing
- Complete special projects as directed by the Finance Manager
- Support input of financial transactions in Sun Systems
- Work with staff to track costs for projects and trips
- Support reconciliation of all accounts in the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Support the reporting process to ensure reports are produced in a timely manner
- Work with National Accountant to update records of homeowners in the Loan Tracking System
- Generate quarterly and monthly loan reports
What will the Intern learn
- How to work with individuals to develop documents which provide guidance and direction.
How to communicate with the community about our organization.
- How to develop a list of contacts and organizations.
- How to connect and communicate with business partners
- How a non-profit organisation works.
- How Habitat for Humanity serves the community.
- How budgets are used as a planning tool and guideline
Other related duties as assigned by Supervisors
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Full Accounting qualification
- Experience in administrative duties and data entry.
- Computer literate (MS Office and MS Outlook).
- Good communication skills.
- Independent workers and team player.
- Able to work under fast pace environment and perform OT when required.
- Willing to learn attitude.
- Work experience in an NGO environment will be an added advantage
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Commitment to excellence
- Displays professionalism, integrity and high ethical standards
- Attention to details preciseness and accuracy
- Team Player
- Results oriented
- Attention to deadlines
- Builds trust and respect by displaying credible behaviours
- A Clean driving Licence
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (excluding own line manager and staff)
- Members of staff
- House Beneficiaries