Action Africa Help Zambia (AAHZ) is a non-profit NGO that supports livelihood challenged communities to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living.
AAHZ is part of Action Africa Help International (AAHI), an African-led NGO whose works spans across five countries of South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya.
AAHZ seeks the services of an Environmental Officer to be station at the field office in Kawambwa, Luapula Province. The incumbent will be reporting to the Project Manager with frequent field visits to areas where the project is being implemented.
The Environmental Officer will be an employee of AAHZ and will be employed within the time frame of this particular project.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Realisation of the results on a new environmental project.
- Working with other project staff/team to deliver the project deliverables in accordance with the time frame.
- In conjunction with the monitoring and evaluations officer, he/she will lead the actual implementation of the project providing technical advice to the team and stakeholders in order to meet the desired targets.
- Provide timely advise and leading the data collection, processing and analysing the data the will late be generated into a report.
Diploma in Forestry and Environmental Management, a Degree in the same field will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant knowledge and experience working in environment and climate issues.
- Experience in project management and coordination.
- Experience in baseline surveys, data analysis, project closure and report writing.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a similar position
- Ability to ride a motor bike with a valid motor bike licence is a must.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Community mobilisation skills
- People management skills
- Energetic and dynamic.
- Hands on attitude.
- Team player.
- Approachable and flexible.
- Able to work on own initiative with a creative approach to problem solving.