ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Enterprise Systems Coordinator,,
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Enterprise Systems specialist
Reporting to the Enterprise Systems Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting Enterprise systems and business enabling applications. Participate in ongoing projects involving an evaluation of different options for departmental systems to suit the different departmental requirements and integrate into the Barrick IMT Enterprise Architecture.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Review user security and administration of the Pronto Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other business systems
- Perform routine maintenance and error checking required to keep the existing systems operational
- Log and track ERP software faults/ user requests as required with the vendor following existing procedures
- Change control and user acceptance as per SOX Controls
- Preparing documentation for system analysis, design, development and implementation while managing projects with the IS Team following the organizations standards, policies and procedures
- Train end users and prepare necessary documentation to complete project implementation and delivery.
- Provide application and business process level support for ERP system
- Working with the Service Delivery & Infrastructure teams in implementing ongoing projects following the Barrick IMT Project management methodology
- Provide regular operational reports to enable effective management of key performance activities
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems,Finance or equivalent qualification
- Minimum experience (5 years) in the IT sector
- Experience in business intelligence systems analysis, design, development and implementation
- Experience in Pronto / or other ERP applications
- Experience in relational database systems (SQL Server 2012 or later, Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g)
- ITIL Foundation and Prince 2 Certifications will be an added advantage
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply