With subsidiaries in more than 21 African countries, BIA’s operations are in the Sales and After-sales services of equipment for mines, quarries, public works, recycling, handling and power generation in West and Central Africa. BIA is able to offer a wide range of equipment and accessories from well-known manufacturers such as Komatsu, Sandvik, Bomag, Cummins and Yale.
BIA Zambia is currently looking for ELECTRICIANS for its operations to be based in Kalumbila.
- Isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments.
- Maintain and repair the electrical components of heavy equipment; test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Plan the layout and wiring of new or remodeled installations.
- Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, participate in the maintenance and operations of an electrical shop; clean, maintain and service tools and equipment used in the performance of duties
- Will apply the maintenance policy and procedure correctly.
- Will apply the correct quality and HSE standards.
- Maintain all tooling (inclusive pickups) under their control and good conditions
- Will wear the correct PPE at all times.
- Attend toolbox talks in cooperation with foremen.
- Will do shift work as and when required
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by Foremen from time to time.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in machines servicing and troubleshooting.
- Previous Mine / Site experience will be an added advantage
- Position based in Kalumbila
- Good English Language Skills (Written & Oral),