INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Zambia invites candidates to apply for the following position:
Job Title: Driver
Duty Station:Solwezi, Zambia
Contract Type/Level: FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT – GL 2
Issue Date: 22 May 2019
Closing Date: 04 June, 2019 16:00 hrs (Local time)
HOW TO APPLY
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should send an application letter by email to [email protected]
PLEASE REFER TO PPAL REGULATION No.16-22 on eligibility to apply (IOM/49-FOM/50/2012 dated 15 June refers).
Applicants should clearly indicate the Title of the Position and Vacancy Notice Number: ZAMLU/VA/2019/005 Please note that applications that do not have the post title and/or vacancy number on top of the envelope shall not be CONSIDERED.
Candidates will be required to undertake a driving test
Due to the volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an Indefinite or FTA appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
External candidates should submit a letter of motivation along with a duly completed Personal History Form.
Late applications will not be considered.
The Driver position in field Office Solwezi is under direct supervision of Admin Assistant/Associate. The incumbent will be responsible for driver of UNHCR official, visitor and other concerns authorized personnel and commodities; the incumbent will keep up the maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organisation. He/she is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While basic function of, as Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR. S/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The incumbent has regular contacts with staff within UNHCR office and with service providers outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
- Assigned UNHCR vehicles are properly maintained and equipped as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation.
- Local traffic rules and regulations are strictly observed.
- Instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed by the Driver and the passengers during the journey.
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail, documents, UNHCR pouch and other items.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Completion of Primary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- Minimum 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good knowledge of English and local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- UNHCR Learning Programmes, other training,
- Mechanical skills.
How to ApplyTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
- Posted by: Zambia Jobs Team
- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Humantarian Organaziation UN Agency
- Location: Anywhere
- City: Solwezi - Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driver
- Tags: No Tags
809 total views, 2 today