Development Officer – Livelihood
CARE International in Zambia, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancies available under Emergency Response Program in Nchelenge District of Luapula Province;
Position: Development Officer – Livelihood
Location: Nchelenge District
Reports to: Project Manager – DRC Refugee Influx Response
The Development Officer – Livelihood will be responsible for facilitating the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of livelihood field activities working with the department of agriculture, department of forestry and department of social services. S/He should have strong agriculture/forestry knowledge and will work with partner staff and other project staff providing technical support for promotion of tree planting, entrepreneurship and VSLA, promote gender equality, inclusive governance and building resilience actions in both the refugee and host communities
- Build the capacity of shelter agents to sell stabilized soil blocks and latrine slabs as a business and to form income generating activity (IGA)groups
- Facilitate/conduct training for VSLA trainers, provide mentorship and monitoring of VSLA promotion in Mantapala.
- Provide mentorship to SGBV and PSN volunteers on VSLA and entrepreneurship promotion among the SGBV survivors, PSN clients from the POC community, as well as from the host community.
- Raise purchase requisition for the procurement of services and products required in promoting entrepreneurship and livelihood empowerment for the target groups on the project. This includes promotion of tree planting.
- Support VSLA trainers in awareness raising meetings on VSLA in Mantapala
- Promotion of tree planting in Mantapala settlement as well as the host community.
- Coordinate with other CARE team members and with implementing partners operating in Mantapala settlement.
- Provide technical support to refugee and host communities in entrepreneurship, VSLA and tree planting.
- Undertake day-to-day monitoring/supervision of Livelihood activities
- Implement gender equality, inclusive governance and building resilience actions in the communities
- Provide progress reports on activity implementation and on meeting project objectives.
- Carry out activities for Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) among CARE staff, volunteers, community workers and any other contractors engaged by CARE in Mantapala.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the line manager
- Analytical Requirements/Problem Solving: Organizing, Analyzing, Identifies issues and opportunities, Involves others
- Safety and Health (S&H) of others: implements s & h and ensure compliance
- Keeps confidentiality of files on projects; Abides to the work ethics
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in agriculture/forestry/any social science from a recognized university/college
- Knowledge and experience in implementing entrepreneurship, livelihood and VSLA activities.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in emergency programming
- Demonstrates good writing skills; gives constructive feedback; documents observations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, security and accuracy of relevant data