Country Head – Retail Banking
To establish and maintain positive customer relationships, plan and deliver an effective retail marketing strategy and monitor the progress of new and existing products; as well as provide operational management support on a day-to-day basis.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
• Directly supervise the activities of Business Managers to ensure optimal achievement of set targets
• Contribute to the preparation of annual marketing plans and strategies for liability generation to enable Business Managers achieve targeted growth objectives.
• Recommend the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability
• Contribute to the effective launching of new products to ensure favourable market response and optimum build-up of revenue
• Monitor and assign targets to Business Managers to ensure effective focus on target achievement
• Maintain and acquire customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
• Relationship Management of High Net Worth Customers
• Network with all potential clients in all relevant categories
• Identifying and developing conglomerates banking relationships
• Ensuring proper documentation throughput, the credit application and availment process.
• Sourcing for and monitoring of customer’s tenured investment / facilities.
• Respond promptly and satisfactorily to customer’s daily request and complaints.
• Prepare weekly and monthly statistics/performance reports for management use.
• Monitoring of the customer’s main account regularly
• Reconciling all transactions on customer’s accounts where and when necessary.
• Assist with the processing of customer’s letters of credit and invisible transactions.
• Initiate and carry out recovery action on non-performing credits facilities
• Maintain comprehensive database of the customers’ operational records including the existing and prospective customer data
Required Key Knowledge and Competencies;
• Strong credit and marketing skills.
• Must be self-solution driven, proactive
• Have in-depth knowledge of the business environment
• Knowledge of banking operations
• Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or service would best serve those needs
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Strong leadership and negotiations skills
• Exhibit drive energy, aggression and passion for business development and acquisition
• Leadership skills
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Strategic Thinking
• Negotiation & Analytical skills
• Product Development
Minimum Education Qualifications
• Minimum of a first degree in a business related field from a recognized University with at least a Credit or better.
• Grade Twelve Certificate with at least Five (05) Credits of better, including Mathematics and English.
Previous Work Experience Requirements
• Seven 7 years working experience in the banking industry.