CONSULTANCY TO SUPPORT CAPTURE EFFORTS FOR AN ANTICIPATED STOP GENDER – BASED VIOLENCE PROGRAM IN ZAMBIA
Terms of Reference for Consultant
Consultancy to support capture efforts for an anticipated Stop Gender-Based Violence Program in Zambia
Timeframe: Up to 10 days (80 hours) of work covering the period October 11, 2017 – November 12, 2017.
Apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with Capture Consultant in the subject title by October 11, 2017.
Winrock International is a leading organization working with communities and governments across the globe to improve the ability of individuals and communities to increase income and strengthen the economic base through sustainable approaches. Winrock specializes in international development projects and consulting services in a wide range of areas, including women’s empowerment; countering gender-based violence (GBV), trafficking-in-persons, and child labor; leadership and capacity development; and community mobilization and development.
Winrock has been working in the Zambia since the 1990s to opportunities for girls and boys through scholarships and mentoring, develop sustainable energy solutions for agricultural development, open new markets for smallholder farmers, increase educational, and address root causes of hunger and poverty through building the capacity of African leaders, communities and institutions.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 7+ years of work experience or knowledge/understanding of social, economic, and political context governing gender relations, gender-based violence and economic empowerment is a must
- Experience working with and/or partnering with a variety of individuals and organizations, including Zambian government officials, local and international NGOs, and private sector companies is required
- Knowledge of the health sector, especially as related to gender, within Zambia
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies or related field
a. Organize meetings with national and district government, international and local NGOs, and other stakeholders working to prevent gender-based violence and empower adolescent girls and women economically and socially in Zambia.
b. Accompany Winrock staff in meetings and where appropriate, serve as translator with local stakeholders
c. Prepare and follow up emails or letters of thanks to those who met with Winrock
d. Assist in the collection of relevant follow-up documents (project reports, research, policy, tools, etc. from stakeholder groups and other sources.
e. Assist in collection of “Letters of Support” from potential partners identified with Winrock
f. Help develop and continuously add to the list of potential stakeholders relevant to proposed programming
1. A complete itinerary of confirmed meetings with key stakeholders
2. 2-page consultancy report detailing work completed corresponding to the tasks assigned
3. Letters of support collected from partners as instructed by Winrock staff