Reports to: Head of Compliance
Purpose of the job:
To partner with the business to raise the profile of compliance, proactively and constructively assist business to manage its responsibility to comp y with all relevant legislative requirements, business policies and industry frameworks and to minimise compliance risks by providing advice and guidelines to management through the application of risk management principles, processes and procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Strategic alignment
- Regulatory reporting and interaction.
- Operational oversight
- AMLO management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Team leadership, management and mentoring
- Effective teamwork, self- management and alignment with group values
- Grade 12 School Certificate with
- 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Relevant degree in law, audit, risk management or similar; must meet “fit and proper” requirements of a
- Compliance Officer as prescribed by local regulators
- Relevant post-graduate qualification (advantageous)
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- 5+ years’ post-qualification experience in compliance management within a banking environment with significant experience of financial crime risk management
- Experience, preferably in compliance, security, fraud, or anti-money-laundering;
- Experience in dealing with front office staff in a banking environment.
- The ability to work unsupervised and the willingness to work extra hours when required.
- Reliability, conscientiousness and attention to detail are as important as knowledge in this role.