Nkana Water and Sewerage Company is a Commercial Water Utility Company providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. The Company is in the process of implementing Phase 2 of the Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Project (NWSSP 2). The overall aim of the Project is to improve public health and living standards through improved access to adequate and cost efficient water supply and sanitation services.
Therefore, NWSC is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in the Directorate of Infrastructure Development.
COMMUNITY MOBILISER (X1)
DURATION: SIX (06) MONTHS
To implement community outreach and WASH activities in order to promote access to clean water and proper sanitation services in an assigned community under the NWSSP phase II project.
- To participate in the promotion of WASHE activities at community level.
- To undertake regular surveys and submit timely qualitative/quantitative reports to supervisor as and when required
- To Participate in identification and engagement of key stakeholders in community outreach activities as assigned
- To Facilitate the selection of water venders for water points and ensure hygiene at communal points is practiced at all times
- To work in conjunction with Site agents in ensuring proper verification of material requirements for the construction of toilets at households
- To Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least six (6) credits
- Diploma/Certificate in Social Science or Community Development, with 1 year work experience in community outreach programmes
- Experience and knowledge in participatory approaches
- Willing to work odd hours and over weekends
Additional Attributes Required for the Job
- Highly skilled in mobilising communities and local stakeholders
- Knowledge of local language – preferably Bemba
- Very good interaction skills with members of the community