COMMUNITY FACILITATOR X12
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company (NWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility Company providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi.
The Government of the Republic of Zambia has, as part of its National Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Programme (NUWSSP), secured a loan from the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, through an Engineer, Procure and Construct (EPC) contract with China Henan International Corporation (CHICO) to implement phase II of the Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Project (NWSSP II). The Project’s overall aim is to improve public health and living standards through improved access to adequate and cost efficient water supply and sanitation services with due regard to the environment, in the populations of Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi.
Therefore, NWSC is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacancies in the Directorate of Infrastructure Development reporting to the Community Development Officer.
COMMUNITY FACILITATOR (X12)
DURATION: 2 YEARS
1. Purpose of the Job
To carry out metering related tasks, community outreach and WASH activities in order to promote access to clean water and proper sanitation services in an assigned community.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Collect bills from NWSC assigned Officer and distribute them monthly within 5 days from date of collection to clients in his/her assigned geographical area.
- Ensure that correct meter readings are taken and recorded correctly and submitted to the assigned NWSC officer for the purpose of billing and account management.
- Check and verify water, meter and sewer network connection status.
- Sensitize and encourage clients in his/her area to make timely payments for water and sewerage services.
- Report any leaks and illegal activities such as vandalism, theft and unauthorised connections.
- Relay any relevant notice and information pertaining to water supply management.
- Identify new connections that are not billed and relay information to assigned Officer.
- Identify customers that are not paying for services and submit lists to assigned Officer for disconnection. However, the Agent is strictly forbidden to handle cash from clients, but can encourage them to pay and keep track of record of payments due to his/her effort.
- Participate in the promotion of WASHE activities at community level.
- Participate in identification and engagement of key stakeholders in community outreach activities as assigned.
- Facilitate the selection of water venders for water points and ensure hygiene at communal points is practiced at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least six (6) credits
- Certificate in Marketing or equivalent qualification
4. Skills, Knowledge and Other Attributes
- Must be resident in the assigned Low Income Community
- Must be highly skilled in mobilising communities and local stakeholders
- Must have knowledge of local language – preferably Bemba
- Must have very good interaction skills with members of the community
- Must have experience and knowledge in participatory approaches
- Must be willing to work odd hours and over weekends