POSITION: BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN/ ENGINEER (1)
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE – NDOLA
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Biomedical Technician will ensure that medical equipment and systems used in patient care are operational, safe, and properly configured and used to meet our healthcare standards. They will need to continually educate and train equipment users so that that the equipment is used and maintained effectively.
They will be expected to prepare and execute on a preventive maintenance schedule, which includes setting the appropriate stock holding levels for essential spares, for all equipment to limit medical equipment being non-operational or dangerous to patient care. They will collaborate with manufacturers and suppliers to guarantee that their knowledge is up to date, troubleshoot and resolve problems expediently.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Equipment Control & Asset Management
- Equipment Inventories
- Equipment Maintenance Management
- Equipment Maintenance
- Quality Assurance
- Support in the acquisition of new medical equipment
- Installation of new equipment
- Patient Safety
- Risk Management
- Hospital Safety Programs
- Radiation Safety
- Medical Gas Systems
- In-Service Education & Training
- Accident Investigation
- Regular reporting
- Analysis of Failures, Root Causes, and Human Factors
- Ensure the safety of equipment used for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring.
- To ensure medical equipment functions effectively and safely.
- To ensure medical equipment in the clinical environment is available and appropriate to the needs of the clinical service.
- To ensure medical equipment and its management represents value for patient benefit
- Investigate medical equipment failures and provide advice about the purchase and installation of new equipment.
- Develop and evaluate quantitative models of biological processes and systems.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Customer Service Orientation
- Initiative Adaptability Sense of Humor
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- A minimum of a diploma electronics and instrumentation in or its equivalent
- 5 years of experience in the Calibration and maintenance in Hospital related equipment
- Excellent diagnostic skills in hospital instruments and equipment
- Computer Skills