The purpose of the job is to assist the Senior Farm Manager in charge with Hands on Survey and Land Preparation Operations.
- Conduct all Topographical and routine survey works
- Leveling of longitudinal sections of drains and waterways
- Producing site contour maps and plans / Field design proposals
- Designing of furrow direction lines in the fields and installing (staking out).
- Be able to supervise the installation of the planned field features (Drains, Roads and or waterways)
- To maintain safety, health, environmental and quality awareness in the section
- Be able to Train, delegate work and supervise the subordinates
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY TO:
- Be able to use GPS technology as well as Dumpy level and laser beam leveling equipment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Minimum of Certificate in Survey from recognized institution
- Minimum of 1 year post qualifying experience in a similar position
- Must be computer literate preferably with experience in MS Word, Excel and survey software packages.