DESCRIPTION: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Healthy Kids/Brighter Future seeks an Administrative Officer for its headquarters office in Lusaka, Zambia. Our programs aim to improve the health of low income school-aged children in Zambia by making schools a focal point for health services through training selected teachers as school health workers who provide preventive, monitoring, and curative services as well as referrals to government health facilities. Our goal is not only to improve the health of every Zambian child but also substantially to decrease illness-related school absenteeism so that the health and education of the next generation of Zambians can ensure a strong, vibrant society.
The Administrative Officer will work on a variety of activities with particular responsibilities in office management, scheduling, procurement and communications. Working under the direction of the Finance & Administrative Manager, this person will have the benefit of close mentoring and both a bird’s-eye and in-the-trenches view of a young, vibrant, and rapidly growing nonprofit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative and clerical support for the office including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying
- Maintain a company calendar, schedule appointments and book meeting rooms as required
- Oversee office supplies and keep accurate records of all assets and inventories
- Help to implement procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations and purchases of goods and services
- Assist with inventory control and distribution medical supplies and consumables to different users
- Run errands for recurrent activities and expenses such as internet, utilities, fuel, vehicle maintenance, insurance etc.
- Assist with the implementation of office policies
- Assist with human resource related activities including new employees’ orientation, exit interviews, etc.
- Process staff leave applications and manage leaves of absence as per leave policy
- Assist with the schedule for drivers and manage transport needs for project staff and guests
- Take and circulate accurate minutes for program and staff meetings
- Help maintain employee personnel records and important and confidential company documents
- Coordinate the organization’s activities on Asana, our project management platform
- Prepare and proof documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos for the Chief Operating Officer
- Ensure cleanliness, neatness and security of the work environment
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Minimum Requirements & Academic Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent
- Excellent English, written and oral communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Relevant work experience in an administrative role
- Willingness to learn in a start-up work environment
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Able to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Detail oriented and efficient at managing multiple schedules
- Procurement and supply inventory knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of general office management procedures is a plus