Organization: Social Workers’ Association of Zambia
Title: Administrative Assistant
Length of assignment: 6 Months
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week
Description of SWAZ
Social Workers’ Association of Zambia (SWAZ) is a membership based professional body of social workers that aspires to promote and protect social work profession in Zambia. As a professional body, SWAZ endeavors to encourage social work practitioners to uphold professional ethical values and principles whilst at the same time serving the interest of social work profession and its clientele.
SWAZ is a registered entity in Zambia under Societies Act Cap 119 of the Laws of Zambia and is also a member of the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW), a worldwide body for professional social work comprises 120 professional social work associations in the world. The association’s vision is to be a widely recognized and appreciated professional body of social workers that contribute to improved livelihoods of the Zambian society.
Description of the job and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative tasks, including some or all of the following: running office errands, maintaining vehicle logs, fuel records, answering phones, organizing and maintaining files, purchasing, maintaining equipment, and working with vendors. S/he will schedule and coordinate logistics of meetings and may assist with the coordination of special events. S/he may handle inquiries about program activities and assist in the development of program materials and correspondence. S/he will use available systems and resources to maintain and track data such as inventory and fuel logs. S/he will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems. S/he will have frequent interaction with staff throughout the program
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Business Administration or any related field
- At least 2 years working experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Ability to analyse available information for the purpose of preparing reports and solving problems.
- Familiarity with standard business communications.