ACCOUNTS CLERK X3
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Accounts Clerk (3) on a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) sponsored project, operational in Southern and Central Provinces. The project’s focus is on supporting Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC’s) through integrated household and community approaches. The position will be based in Kabwe, Chibombo and Kapiri Mposhi.
Responsible for day to day financial and operation matters for the project under the leadership of the Finance and Operations Director.
Duties and essential job functions
- Review and ensure prompt retirement of receipts from the project
- Ensure that monthly reports are reviewed for data quality; and work directly and promptly with the Project Leader to correct any inaccuracies.
- Facilitate the daily, weekly and monthly disbursement of funds to project staff for approved expenditure according to budget, and update of Cash Books
- Analyse and balance/creditors balances on the Trial Balance and make sure it is signed out by the Project Accountant
- Review and post invoices as per the Invoice Master Plan which is maintained by the Head of Department
- Assist the Project Accountant and Project Leaders in collecting outstanding accounts receivables
- Prepare receipts, ensuring that they reconcile with the revenue and system reports, reviewing supporting documentation, that is, ensuring that funds received from the partner have been receipted
- Process and review receipts and travel expense reports related to the Project
- Provide year-end support of external auditors requirements, which may include vouching and reconcilement
- Ensure that all relevant information entered, or correspondence with the donor partner is maintained on a respective file for the respective donor
- Ensure all documents are received on or before 5th of each month for the previous month.
- Review for arithmetical accuracy and calculation salary advances and housing allowance advance request.
- Filing of all payroll input like salary advances and housing allowance advance request forms
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries. This includes processing job cost payroll journals and general ledger entries
- Files appropriate records on employee receivable balances
- File updated Work Sheet for employees leave days which should be harmonized with files maintained by the HR department
- Distributes pay slips to all project staff
- Filing all payroll journals, reports and time sheets
- Assist in processing documentation pertaining to employee health benefits, such as health insurance and workers compensation
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive employee and organizational information at all times.
Other functions and responsibilities
Carries out other tasks as assigned by the superiors
- Certificate/Diploma in Accountancy
- Experience in Pastel Accounting as added advantage
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and Knowledge of the Pastel Accounting
- Communication skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours
- Have integrity
- Two years post qualification experience